Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mocktails at my place!

The weirdest thing...

My housemate has literally just informed me that whereas they had originally told me they would extend the lease until June (they're getting married in May), they are now deciding not to re-up in January. So, as of January 15th, I need a new place to live.

I am stressed. I know about 10 people in Springfield. I still get lost once I'm east of National. I kinda want to cry.

And yet, the first thing I thought was, "Maybe this is good. Maybe this is God"

I like my housemates, but they are quite a bit younger than I am. And though they are all about the church in theory, they do some things that I'd rather not be around at this point. Increasingly, I've been thinking how cool it would be to live with some Christians girls who live more in the neighborhood of wherever it is I'm headed. We could do whatever it is that Christian 20-somethings do. Throw cool fondue parties, and funky-themed bible studies, and mocktail hours, I don't know. I'm pretty sure that one of my developing gifts is being able to rock some clean fun.

So, I'm stressed. But I also feel a bit of excitement.

The excitement is because I think that God has something cool in store. I can almost feel Him telling me that this is going to be all right. I could be wrong. I could end up with someone who's always cooking smelly food, and uses my kitchen spatula to apply lotion to her back (true story!). But I don't think so.

I'm going to pray for peace. And I'm going to ask anyone reading this blog to pray for this as well. And I'm going to trust that He is in control of this situation. And that through His wisdom and provision, I will make good decisions in this.

And then, I'm going to have a bunch of great times with my rockin' new roommates in my rockin' new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment