Sunday, October 17, 2010

it's more than just a game for two.

I love God.

I'm not sure when it happened. I don't know the exact moment.

But I love God. And I've already seen Him do cool things in and through my life.

I came here claiming Christianity, but with a powerless faith. One that generated passion for the person of Christ, but lacked an understanding of how the person necessarily called forth the presence of the divine. I was more than questioning--I was angry, and hurt, and distrustful. But I accepted Christ. I was baptized. Then I accepted Christ again. And somewhere in all of that, I came to love God. I came to see His unmistakable thumbprint in the minutiae of my life. I felt His love for me expand into far-flung corners of my world, and lift my heart to see them. More recently, I've watched as He spins a love for people inside of my heart unlike any of the more idealistic sorts of love I've harbored in the past.

When I doubt, I sometimes show myself these things. I parade His work in front of my mind's eye, and ask--what does this look like to you?

Looks like love. Like an an incredible, glorious, breathtaking, and unmistakably divine kind of love.

So I love God, because He loved me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment