Friday, October 2, 2009

A few random thoughts...

...First, a quick word of warning for those who would try to hang with the pentecostals-- There is a set of muscles in your back whose function seems somehow related to the raising of your arms. If you are, as I am, unaccustomed to a lot of arm-raising, a sudden increase in pentecostal worship will be deleterious to your comfort. No joke. Also, it's worth it. Bring some motrin.

...John Bevere, Charlotte Scanlon-Gamill, John Lindell. How do they all know how to do an altar call like a pro ("with heads bowed, and eyes closed")? Do a lot of churches do altar calls? Is that a thing?

...Nancy Alcorn is quite possibly one of the top 5 most impressive people with whom I have ever come into contact. Check out her mission, Mercy Ministries, and watch the video. You won't be sorry. That might be a superfluous comment as I think exactly two people read this blog, and one of them has already seen the video. Just watch it.

...I am empatically a fan of James River's Designed for Life Conference. I am also one of the last people who should be. Quite often over the past six weeks, I've said that something is unexpected. My liking James River is unexpected. My realizing the wrong-ness of my scorn for Christians was unexpected. The revelation that my faith has been missing a whole and vital segment has been unexpected. And again, that I should come to be so enthusiastic about this Christian womens' conference is entirely unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment