Sunday, March 27, 2011

Praise God.

You know my favorite thing about reading the Bible? It's alive.

Different verses strike me in different ways at different times, and almost all of them require multiple re-readings and much prayer in the same sitting.

As much time as I'd spent with the bible (mostly New Testament) before accepting Christ, I never knew that. I never felt it. So now, I treasure it. I love the way that I can spend minute after minute after minute on the same sentence, poring over it in my heart and mind, feeling it.

I love that when I close my eyes, His words pound insistently, or softly soothe, or outright shock me.

I love that when I surrendered, He captured, and I'll live with Him forever. In the fullness of that reality.

Truly, non-ironically, without sarcasm....praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment