Monday, February 1, 2010

inching.

I was driving down Campbell towards my Life Group last night, and not for the first time, I suddenly thought, "Holy crap... I live in Springfield, MO."

I know these roads. I drive them. I go to school here. There is a place, with all of my stuff in it. People know me, I know people. I was baptized in a pentecostal megachurch! What the what?!?!?

Sometimes, it feels like someone else is living my life. Because this can't possibly be the life that I'm living. Like, me. Ashley. Yeah, no. This is not my life. It can't be.

And yet, I defy logic once again. This is my life.

God, what are You doing?

I don't understand. I don't understand why I'm here. Why I'm continually being dunked, it feels, just to come back up sputtering, and only inches closer to shore.

I don't need to know. But I do need wisdom. I do need to see You, to discern what is You. That's my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment