Wednesday, June 15, 2011

completely cross.

I worry that I can't live up to the work I'm supposed to be doing for God. That I'm not smart enough. That I can't think quickly or deeply enough. Then that I'm not humble enough. That I don't have the right wisdom. That I'm not strong enough for what comes when you pray for, and work towards, helping people come to know God.

Maybe the worry is what comes. The worry is masking the arrogance of believing that I'm the one at work. That's the real sin that kills the glory. For me anyway.

And again, the cross is the key. People always say to stay close to the cross.

It's a short phrase that works on an incredible number of levels. And that works incredibly on each.

Right now, it reminds me that in my absolute worship of Christ, there's not time for worry. There's not reason for it, either. The work is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment