Wednesday, December 8, 2010

confirmation.

Do you ever get confirmations in prayer?

I feel funny using that term, and I'm not even sure what I mean by it. But do you ever feel, while praying, that God says something like, "Yes, I'll do that,"? Or, "Okay, you can believe in that"?

I do. Well, I have. Twice.

The first time was a few weeks back, in response to a prayer for a friend. The second time was tonight.

We were praying at the start of the tech rehearsal for JRA's Christmas service, and I suddenly first, felt the prayer. Second, I felt the answer. They were simultaneous. I found myself praying that people would be overwhelmed by His love and power, and as I prayed that, I felt Him tell me He'd be there. That He'd loose His presence over the sanctuary this week. The sense was so strong, and so intense, I just lapsed back into worship in my prayer.

I guess I could be crazy. Given other recent events, schizophrenia is not an altogether unlikely wager.

But, it was so real.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley

    I just wanted to let you know i enjoy rading your blogs and I hope you continue to do this for a very long time.

    And yes I have felt similar feelings in prayer and it is great to feel,and shows us just how powerful prayer is.


    Regards,

    Stephen Charlton


    stephen@thestreetdisciples.org (Spiritual)
    blog.thestreetdisciples.org (Blog)
    www.thestreetdisciples.org (My Website)

    I Have:

    Windows Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger
    Skype
    ICQ
    Loudtalks

    ReplyDelete