Thursday, June 10, 2010

speed season.

So much to say. So few words available.

I feel as though I'm rapidly spin-cycling through "seasons" of faith. My perspective, and beliefs, and understanding is all changing so quickly, it's hard to catch my breath.

One week, the focus is on obedience, and I feel that I'm suddenly understanding parts of submission, and authority, and trust that I've never understood before. The next, a switch flips, and I'm being hit with words on humility and acceptance. A half-week later, my perspective turns upside down as I begin to understand better and better the reality of the personal God.

I'm panting, trying to keep up. Wondering if I'm doing all of this right. Trying to give myself some grace on the things I know I'm messing up. And there are so many things I know I'm messing up. I could pop off ten legitimate fouls right now.

It's almost as though the lessons and realizations are coming so fast, I barely have time to think about them, and incorporate them, before the next comes. Which reminds me that it's not about me grabbing wisdom, it's about grabbing God and living that wisdom through Him.

Good lesson on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment